The Oshkosh ARFF vehicles support operations for The Commonwealth of The Bahamas at Leonard Thompson, Lynden Pindling, Exuma, and North Eleuthera International Airports.
OSHKOSH, WIS. (May 3, 2022) – Oshkosh Airport Products, LLC, an Oshkosh Corporation (NYSE: OSK) Company, announced The Commonwealth of The Bahamas took delivery of four Oshkosh Airport Products Striker® 4x4 ARFF vehicles in late February 2022. Adding to a full Oshkosh Airport Products fleet, the new fire apparatus support operations at four international airports.
“We are grateful for our long-standing relationship with the Airport Authority of the Bahamas,” said Jack Bermingham, business unit director for Oshkosh Airport Products. “We’re proud to once again furnish these dedicated first responders with ARFF apparatus to aid them in providing the highest level of support.”
Features of The Commonwealth of The Bahamas Striker 4x4 ARFF vehicles:
- Deutz 2015 V8 670 HP Tier 3 engine
- Water capacity: 1,585 gallons (6,000 liters)
- Foam capacity: 222 gallons (840 liters)
- Dry chemical capacity: 550 pounds (250 kg)
- Oshkosh TAK-4® independent suspension
- Acceleration of 0-50 mph (0-80 kmh) in under 25 seconds
- Hydrochem roof turret: 625/1250gpm (2366/4732 lpm)
- Bumper turret: 300 gpm (1136 lpm)
The Bahamas is made up of 16 main islands, and The Bahamas' Airport Network consists of 20 international airports which receive scheduled commercial air services from the U.S., Canada, Europe, and Latin America. The airports serve more than 3.5 million air travelers annually.
The new Striker 4x4 ARFF vehicles are now in service with the following airports:
- Leonard Thompson International Airport, Marsh Harbour, Bahamas
- Lynden Pindling International Airport, Nassau, Bahamas
- Exuma International Airport, Moss Town, Bahamas
- North Eleuthera International Airport, North Eleuthera, Bahamas