Oshkosh Airport Products’ 2021 Road Rally featuring the revolutionary new Striker® Volterra™ ARFF hybrid electric vehicle has set off for the next wave of events in the U.S.
OSHKOSH, WIS. (September 13, 2021) – Oshkosh Airport Products, LLC, an Oshkosh Corporation (NYSE: OSK) Company, announced today the next stops in the 2021 Road Rally featuring the revolutionary new Striker® Volterra™ ARFF hybrid electric vehicle (HEV). After the completion of stops along the Western Coast of the U.S., the Road Rally now sets off for locations in the Central and Southeast regions of the country. The events offer aircraft rescue and fire fighting crews at airports a hands-on and immersive experience to learn about the new technology. Additionally, fire department representatives have an opportunity to meet one-on-one with experts to learn about the Striker Volterra vehicle’s attributes and its ability to meet each location’s unique environmental and sustainability initiatives. The Road Rally events kicked off in early August 2021 at Portland International Airport (PDX) with live demonstrations, Q&A sessions, and more.
“We’re pleased that Portland International Airport was selected as the start of the tour,” said Fire Chief Rob Mathis. “We enjoyed hosting the Oshkosh team and it provided a chance for our partners and regional agencies to view the company’s new hybrid electric vehicle up-close-and-personal.”
Upcoming Road Rally Locations Include:
- Dallas Fort Worth International Airport (DFW)
- Miami International Airport (MIA)
- Port Authority of New York and New Jersey
- Detroit Metro Airport (DTW)
- An Oshkosh patented hybrid-electric drivetrain featuring an electro-mechanical infinitely variable transmission allows zero-emissions operation when powered by the integrated onboard batteries, and can be coupled to the internal combustion engine to provide continuous and uninterrupted power to the pumping system or drive system
- Faster acceleration: setting a new standard for performance, the Striker Volterra HEV is capable of achieving 28% faster acceleration than before when fully loaded, resulting in a quickened response time
- Idle reduction for up to one hour of zero-emissions standby using onboard energy storage
- Zero-emission driving during entry and exit of the fire station using onboard energy storage
- Available Plug-In Hybrid Electric Vehicle (PHEV) options for further electric vehicle driving capabilities
The Striker Volterra performance HEV is custom-engineered and extensively tested to deliver rapid response while simultaneously managing its carbon footprint. Additionally, it is fully compliant with NFPA 414 and ICAO standards while being certified to off-highway EPA and EU regulations.
Individuals and teams interested in attending Oshkosh Airport Products’ second wave of the 2021 Road Rally should contact their local Oshkosh Airport Products dealership or sales representative for more information.
To learn more about the Striker Volterra ARFF vehicle, visit www.oshkoshairport.com or view the press resources page.